Climate Action Framework
The Climate Action Framework is a tool to guide Sebastopol in reducing greenhouse gas emissions and preparing for the impacts of climate change, such as increased drought risk and more frequent wildfires. Adopted by the Sebastopol City Council on July 19, 2022, the Framework provides an overview of Sebastopol’s climate progress so far and sets goals for additional action in six areas:
- Sustainable Land Use
- Buildings & Clean Energy
- Consumption & Waste
- City Operations and Leadership
The City’s Climate Action Committee is tasked with evaluating and prioritizing additional emission-reduction and preparedness strategies to recommend to the City Council. An initial, living list of actions that the City could take to help meet its climate goals is included in Appendix A of the Climate Action Framework. Community members can get involved in the evaluation of additional actions in the following ways:
- Signing up for the City’s “Climate Issues” email list and following the City’s Facebook account to be notified of future updates.
- Attending Climate Action Committee meetings, which are held the 2nd and 4th Wednesdays of each month at 3:30pm.
- Applying for an open seat on the Climate Action Committee or joining a working group to help design and evaluate climate solutions.
- Emailing questions, comments, or suggestions to ClimateActionCommittee@cityofsebastopol.org.
City Council Meeting, July 19, 2022
The final draft of the Framework was presented to the City Council for consideration of adoption at the July 19th City Council meeting. The City Council unanimously voted to adopt the Framework.
Planning Commission Meeting, July 12, 2022
The public review draft of the Framework was presented during the July 12th Planning Commission meeting. The Planning Commission unanimously adopted a resolution recommending that the City Council adopt the Framework.
Climate Action Committee Meeting, June 22, 2022
The public review draft of the Framework was presented during the June 22nd Climate Action Committee meeting and included in the agenda packet.
Climate Action Framework Kickoff Community Meeting, February 2, 2022
Thank you to everyone who joined us to learn about the Framework and share their input at the Kickoff Meeting! If you missed it, you can view the recording and materials below.