Special Event Permits
The City of Sebastopol hosts many varied special events throughout the year. These events are an important part of our community and can significantly improve our residents’ and visitors’ quality of life. Depending on the nature of the events, they can enhance our neighborhoods, highlight products and services, provide marketing opportunities and add to our cultural enrichment.
The Special Event Permit Requirements Packet will help you understand the special event permitting process and insurance requirements and provide helpful information as you plan your event.
Prepare and Submit Application
- Contact the Public Works Department to ascertain the availability of a proposed event location, date and time.
- Event applications submitted less than 30 days prior to the event may not be approved.
- Gather required documents and additional materials pertaining to the proposed event.
- Complete the special event permit application and submit additional documents/materials with the permit application.
- Pay event fees and security deposit when the application is routed for review.
Note: Acceptance of your application is the first step and should not be construed as approval or confirmation of your special event request. Other departmental approvals may be required depending on the size and type of event and its potential impact on City services.
- Comply with all requirements as detailed in the conditional letter of approval as soon as possible and no later than 10 days prior to the event.
- Notify residents/businesses adjacent to and across the street from the proposed event location. Submit a signed copy of the notice to certify compliance.
- Provide any and all required notifications to appropriate City departments.
Special Event Permit Approval
- Prior to the event, inspect the site and report any issues to the Public Works Department during normal business hours.
- After the event, perform litter patrol on and within 500 feet of the event site, including nearby properties, parking areas, sidewalks and streets. All areas are to be returned to an acceptable condition after the event.
- Request a post-event walk-through inspection to occur the first business day after the event.
- The City will inspect the park after the event for damages. Any costs incurred by the Public Works Department for cleanup after the event or for damages to landscaping or fixtures will be billed to the applicant.
The City of Sebastopol is committed to supporting quality events that are safe and enjoyable. If you have questions regarding the permitting process, please contact the Public Works Department. On behalf of the City of Sebastopol, we thank you for contributing to the spirit and vitality of our community through staging your event. Best wishes for a successful event!