Special Event Permits
The City of Sebastopol is host to many varied special events throughout the year. These events are an important part of our community and can add significantly to the quality of life for our residents and visitors. Depending on the nature of the events, they can enhance our neighborhoods, highlight products and services, provide marketing opportunities, and add to our cultural enrichment.
City of Sebastopol is now accepting Special Event Permit Applications for all events online. Please note: Events will be required to be in compliance with Sonoma County Health Orders and Guidance (COVID-19).
The Special Event Permit Requirements Packet will help you understand the special event permitting process, insurance requirements and provide helpful information as you plan your event.
- Contact Public Works Department to ascertain the availability of the location where the event is requested to be held.
- Prepare and submit application and required supplemental documents/additional materials.
- Complete and submit the City event requirements.
- Pay event fees when the application is submitted for routing. The application will not be routed without payment of fees in full.
- Ensure appropriate departments have been contacted a minimum of 10 days prior to the event.
- Request the City conduct a post-event walk-through on the first working day after the event.
Note: Please keep in mind that acceptance of your application is the first step and should not be construed as approval or confirmation of your special event request. Depending on the size and type of event and its potential impact on City services, other departmental approvals may be required. Event applications submitted less than 30 days prior to the event may not be accepted.